Shop By Occasion
- The Complete Range
- Spring Flower Range
- What's New
- Birthday Flowers
- Anniversary Flowers
- New Baby Flowers & Gifts
- Luxury Flowers
- Lifestyle Flowers
- Wedding Flowers
- Sympathy Flowers
- Funeral Flowers
- Plants & Planters
- Congratulations Flowers
- Get Well Flowers
- Thank You Flowers
- Floral Table Centrepieces
- International Flowers
- Add Something Extra
- Champagne & Wine
- Debs Corsages & Flowers
- Couture Collection
Shop By Price
- Under £25 Flowers
- £25 - £35 Bouquets
- £35 - £45 Bouquets
- £45 - £50 Bouquets
- £50 - £60 Bouquets
- £60 - £80 Bouquets
- £80+ Bouquets
Shop By Colour
Shop By Flower
Add Something Extra
Flower Care Guide
Flower Care Guide
Flowers are a living piece of nature and require some essential hygiene practices to improve their vase life.We recommend the following generally, however, each species and their varieties often have individual requirements.
If your flowers are delivered in a bouquet, i.e wrapped in cellophane with water on the ends;
- Remove packaging and trim the stems.
Bouquets are usually delivered in water, so you should do this over a sink.
- Always make sure your vase is thoroughly cleaned so that there is no bacterial contamination from previous use.
- Cut approximately 1 cm from the ends of the stems at an angle.
This helps the stem to suck up the water.
- Fill your vase to 3/4 full with fresh tap water then add the flower food. (except with tulips only 1/4).
- Do add flower food to prolong the life of your flowers (except with tulips).
Always follow exactly the guidelines on the back of the sachet.
- Remove any foliage which lies beneath the water as they will cause bacteria to grow in the water.
- Display in a cool location away from draughts, direct sunlight and heat.
- To refresh flowers after 2-3 days, remove any drooping flowers or foliage, re-cut the stems and replace the fresh water.
If your flowers arrive already arranged then you may need to add fresh water to the container
- Do this over a sink or on a drainer.
- Place a coaster or such under the container when placing on furniture in case of spills.
- Repeat every few days.
- As buds deteriorate clip away to allow others to open.
Plant Care Guide
Keep the compost moist. Avoid over-watering, draughts and direct sunlight. To prolong flowering, remove faded flowers. Feed plants fortnightly with liquid plant fertilizer during Spring and Summer. Protect non-hardy plants from frost.
Handle with care
- Lily pollen may stain. Carefully remove stamens from any newly opened flowers and avoid direct contact.
Tip (If you get lily pollen on your cloths do not rub but use sellotape to remove by placing sticky side on top of stain and peel off).
- Keep flowers out of reach of children and pets.
The flowers/plant are for display only and must not be eaten.
- We recommend that you not place your flowers or plants on an unprotected surface.
Looking For A Florist In Essex?
Camellia Florists is the UK's number one online flower shop and deliver flowers anywhere in Northern Ireland and the UK.
Deliver a smile to someone with Camellia Florists's online flower shop. Whatever the occasion, whether it's a birthday, an anniversary or a just a loving gesture, we have the perfect flowers and gifts to send. Flowers can be delivered on the same day or with next day delivery. Fresh flowers hand delivered by a local florist!